Vemox 250 Zee Drugs
Manufacturer: Zee Drugs Substance: Amoxicillin Pack: 250mg 30 capsules
Vemox (Amoxicillin) is a bactericidal (destroying bacteria) antibiotic from the group of semisynthetic penicillins. Has a wide range of effects, including Gram-positive and Gram-negative cocci, some Gram-negative rods (Escherichia coli, Shigella, Salmonella, Klebsiella). The drug is resistant to microorganisms that produce penicillinase (an enzyme that destroys penicillins). The drug is acid-fast, absorbed rapidly and almost completely in the intestine.
For use as monotherapy and in combination with clavulanic acid: infectious and inflammatory diseases caused by susceptible microorganisms, including bronchitis, pneumonia, angina, pyelonephritis, urethritis, gastrointestinal infections, gynecological infections, infections of the skin and soft tissues, listeriosis, leptospirosis, gonorrhea.
For use in combination with metronidazole: chronic gastritis in the acute phase, peptic ulcer and duodenal ulcer in the acute phase, associated with Helicobacter pylori.
Infectious mononucleosis, lymphocytic leukemia, severe gastrointestinal infections with diarrhea or vomiting, respiratory viral infections, allergic diathesis, bronchial asthma, hay fever, hypersensitivity to penicillins and / or cephalosporins.
For use in combination with metronidazole: diseases of the nervous system; blood disorders, lymphocytic leukemia, infectious mononucleosis; Hypersensitivity to nitroimidazole derivatives.
For use in combination with clavulanic acid: indications of a history of abnormal liver function and jaundice associated with taking amoxicillin in combination with clavulanic acid.
Dosage and administration
The drug is taken orally. Adults and children over 10 years old (weighing more than 40 kg) should be prescribed 0.5 g (2 capsules) 3 times a day; in case of severe infection, the dose is increased to 1.0 g (4 capsules) 3 times a day. The maximum daily dose is 6 g (24 capsules).
- For the treatment of acute otitis media, appoint 0.5 g (2 capsules) 3 times a day.
- Children aged 5 to 10 years (with a body weight of 20 to 40) are prescribed 0.25 g (1 capsule) 3 times a day.
- The cycle of treatment is 5-12 days (for streptococcal infections – at least 10 days).
- Patients with creatinine clearance below 10 ml per minute reduce the dose of the drug by 15-50%, with anuria, the dose should not exceed 2 g per day.
- For the treatment of uncomplicated gonorrhea, 3.0 g is administered once (preferably in combination with 1.0 g of probenecid).
- For the prevention of endocarditis, 3.0 g is administered once a day for 1 hour before surgery and 1.5 g after 6-8 hours.
- For the treatment and prevention of anthrax in adults and children weighing more than 20 kg, 0.5 g (2 capsules) is prescribed every 8 hours for 2 months.