Ekovir John Lee
Manufacturer: John Lee Substance: Acyclovir (Zovirax) Pack: 800mg (5 pills)
Ekovir (Acyclovir) is an analogue of the purine nucleoside deoxyguanidine, the normal component of DNA.The similarity of the structures of Ekovir and deoxyguanidine allows acyclovir to interact with viral enzymes, which leads to an interruption in the reproduction of the virus.
After the introduction of acyclovir into the herpes infected cell under the influence of thymidine kinase released by the virus, acyclovir is converted to acyclovir monophosphate, which is converted into acyclovir-diphosphate by enzymes of the host cell, and then to the active form of acyclovir-triphosphate, which blocks the viral DNA.
The drug acts selectively on the synthesis of viral DNA. Acyclovir-triphosphate practically does not influence the replication of the DNA of the hoein (human cell) cell.
Ekovir in herpes prevents the formation of new elements of the rash, reduces the likelihood of skin dissemination and visceral complications, accelerates the formation of crusts, relieves pain in the acute phase of herpes zoster.
Ekovir tablets are prescribed for infections of the skin and mucous membranes caused by the herpes simplex virus, and for the prevention of these diseases in patients with immune system disorders, and in patients with shingles – under normal immune system.
- Caution should be given to Acyclovir in patients with impaired renal function in elderly patients due to the increased half-life of acyclovir.
- At use of drug it is necessary to provide receipt of a sufficient amount of liquid.
- The ointment is not recommended to be applied to the mucous membranes of the mouth, eyes, genitals, because may develop pronounced local inflammation.
- The effectiveness of treatment when applying the ointment will be higher, the earlier it is started.
- In patients with immunodeficiency with repeated repeated cycles of treatment, the formation of resistance to acyclovir viruses sometimes occurs.
- When taking the drug should monitor kidney function (blood urea and plasma creatinine).